The lovely www.nyxierose.com nominated me for the Liebster Award and I think it’s an amazing thing, to find new blogs and give others the chance to ‘get to know you’ just with a few tags!
Liebster Award rules –
1) Answer the 11 questions that your nominator has asked you.
2) Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
3) Ask your nominees 11 questions.
4) Let them know that you have nominated them!
My questions –
1) How long have you been blogging?
I started in February as a way of documenting my photography and then grew it out from there to a general lifestyle blog with the odd bit of photography thrown in! It was initially going to be a place just to put all of my photos, the first few posts are baby photography and places where I live that are brilliant for taking photos
2) What is your favourite blog topic?
Lists! I love lists of anything, things that bring back memories, questions, homeware, things I’ve learned etc. When I do list posts I think “maybe it’s just me that thinks this?” But always find that other people agree with me which is always nice
3) What inspires you to blog?
Everyday life, I’ll blog about my work, wedding plans, memories I have, gym crap. I don’t have a target market or niche so I have the luxury of being able to blog about whatever comes into my head.
4) Do you work to a blogging schedule?
I used to, I had a spreadsheet of the blog title, a column for when it was written, when the photo was done, when it was posted and when it was promoted. I ended up ridiculously stressed out and getting annoyed if I didn’t stick to this schedule and it took all of the fun out of blogging. I was feeling annoyed with myself if I didn’t stick to the schedule because I felt like I was failing at being a blogger. Now I just type it up, sort out an image and select a random date and time to post. Not the most organised way but I like things to be a little bit random with my posting and there’s not as much pressure on me
5) Do you have any methods for staying motivated on your blog?
I check in on it every day but not so much I’m addicted to it. I keep a list of things to post about on my phone so if I’m out and about and I suddenly think of something else I’ll write it down on that. Interacting with other bloggers on twitter/instagram is always a good idea, it gives you friendships to bounce ideas around and discuss blogger things that your other friends don’t really care about
6) What is your main goal for 2017?
Get married! We’ve been saving and planning for the wedding for nearly two years so it’ll be so nice once it’s all paid off and we can just relax and not worry about money. I’ve kept pretty relaxed throughout the planning, Bridezilla has only appeared once or twice which I’m damn proud of, but it’s had it’s moments where I’ve thought eloping would be a good idea.
7) What is your favourite TV show?
Brooklyn 99, it’s so easy to watch and I always laugh no matter how many times I’ve seen the episode
8) Do you collect anything?
I would say no, Ben would say notebooks from Paperchase…. In my defence I like lists and notebooks, and Paperchase is my happy place!
9) What is your favourite makeup brand?
MUA, they’re such good quality for the price and I hate spending loads of money on makeup. I’ll always go back to Bourjois for my foundation but apart from that I’ll happily change my makeup up each time, I like to mix it up
10) What is your favourite item of clothing?
My jeans, I live in them when I get home from work and they go with everything
11) Do you have any advice for new bloggers?
Don’t put pressure on yourself to keep up with blogs that have been established for years, it’ll just make you miserable and you’ll end up questioning why you started in the first place
My questions for my lovely nominees
- How do you relax at the end of the day?
- What’s your favourite film and why?
- Do you have any blogs you always go back to?
- Cats or dogs?
- What is your favourite posession?
- If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
- Do you have a fitness regime?
- What’s your favourite blog post you’ve written, link to it!
- What is your favourite quote and why?
- What are 3 things you can’t live without?
- Do you have a go to recipe?