When I was in year 8 it was ALL about what your personal message was on MSN. Then it was your MySpace status, then Bebo, then Facebook. We were a cute lil’ sociable generation….When a friend had annoyed you, being a passive aggressive 13 year old who couldn’t be tamed, you could have spoken to them about it but instead just updated your message. Then when said friend asked what was wrong you just said ‘’oh, people!’’ Even so, some of the quotes were actually pretty good.
I remember finding entire websites dedicated to providing statuses for your angsty 13 year old self, a lot of them were about storms and sunshine. I’m mildly ashamed to say that I made an entire word document of god knows how many pages of these sayings and printed them off. I stuffed them in a folder and whenever it was time to update the old status, out that folder would come, ready to unleash my teenage brain on the world.
So this is my 2017 version of that folder. Kind of. If there’s one thing I’ve learnt it’s that Instagram and Paperchase LOVE motivational quotes. It’s one of those things where you’ll read it, do a little smile and think yeah maybe I have got this.
- An entire sea of water can’t sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can’t put you down unless you allow it to get inside you
- Don’t look back. You’re not going that way
- Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light
- Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life
- Spending today complaining about yesterday won’t make tomorrow any better
- Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game
- When it rains look for rainbows. When it’s dark look for stars
- So far you’ve survived 100% of your bad days
- Only dead fish go with the flow
- In the end, everything matters
- A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms
- Kindness is free. Sprinkle that stuff everywhere
- Don’t wait for a light at the end of a tunnel. Stomp on down there and turn it on yourself
- One day the people who didn’t believe in you will tell people how they met you
- Sometimes your people circle decreases in size but increases in value
- There is literally nothing in nature that blooms all year round, so don’t expect yourself to
- Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people
- Even the longest day of your life is only 24 hours
- It’s just a bad day. Not a bad life
- Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will